Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Friday, April 15, 2016
Friday, April 8, 2016
Time to party like it’s 1564! RCTC’s Fourth Annual Shakespeare Festival is April 13-21.
Student Life and the Goddard Library are sponsoring events during the week of bardalicious activities.
- Wed. Apr. 13: Sonnet-writing workshop, 2-3 p.m. MH209. The winners of a student sonnet competition will win $50, $25, and $10 gift certificates to the RCTC Bookstore and get their poems published in the Echo. The first-place sonnet will be published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. E-mail your submissions to John.Sievers@roch.edu by noon on Tuesday, April 19. (Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.*)
- Tues. Apr. 19: Halt! An Audience! An encounter with the Bard by The Minnesota Sky Vault Company from 11-noon in the cafeteria. Refreshments! (Do you think because you are virtuous, that there shall be no more cakes?*)
- Tues. Apr. 19: Spoken Word, Poetry and Music featuring Bob Sanborn, Colby Ruport, and the poetry of ENGL1150. A poetry open mic to follow. Event begins at 12:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. (All the world’s a stage.*)
- Thur. Apr. 21: Sonnet winners will be announced and join us for a Shakespearean Stage Combat Presentation by Doug Scholz-Carlson of the Great River Shakespeare Festival in CF206/208 at 6 p.m. Celebrate the Bard’s birthday with cake. (With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come.*)
Stop in to the Library to check out the Shakespeare display on the main floor any time during the week, and while you’re there, ask for a Shakespeare bookmark. There will also be a Shakespearean Scavenger hunt during the week, so watch for more details on that.
Also week-long, hop up to the third floor in AT306 and check out the “Lighting Shakespeare” exhibition presented by the Photographic Lighting Techniques class.
* Words from the Bard himself.
Posted by Goddard Library at 1:46 PM
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Monday, February 29, 2016
Library hours for Spring Break 2016 (March 5 - March 13):
Saturday March 5
Sunday March 6
Monday - Friday (March 7-11)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday March 12
Sunday March 13 (Regular semester hours resume)
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Posted by Goddard Library at 10:50 AM