Interested in reading more Shakespeare titles? Click to access this website
Friday, April 15, 2016
Friday, April 8, 2016
Time to party like it’s 1564! RCTC’s Fourth Annual Shakespeare Festival is April 13-21.
Student Life and the Goddard Library are sponsoring events during the week of bardalicious activities.
- Wed. Apr. 13: Sonnet-writing workshop, 2-3 p.m. MH209. The winners of a student sonnet competition will win $50, $25, and $10 gift certificates to the RCTC Bookstore and get their poems published in the Echo. The first-place sonnet will be published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. E-mail your submissions to John.Sievers@roch.edu by noon on Tuesday, April 19. (Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.*)
- Tues. Apr. 19: Halt! An Audience! An encounter with the Bard by The Minnesota Sky Vault Company from 11-noon in the cafeteria. Refreshments! (Do you think because you are virtuous, that there shall be no more cakes?*)
- Tues. Apr. 19: Spoken Word, Poetry and Music featuring Bob Sanborn, Colby Ruport, and the poetry of ENGL1150. A poetry open mic to follow. Event begins at 12:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. (All the world’s a stage.*)
- Thur. Apr. 21: Sonnet winners will be announced and join us for a Shakespearean Stage Combat Presentation by Doug Scholz-Carlson of the Great River Shakespeare Festival in CF206/208 at 6 p.m. Celebrate the Bard’s birthday with cake. (With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come.*)
Stop in to the Library to check out the Shakespeare display on the main floor any time during the week, and while you’re there, ask for a Shakespeare bookmark. There will also be a Shakespearean Scavenger hunt during the week, so watch for more details on that.
Also week-long, hop up to the third floor in AT306 and check out the “Lighting Shakespeare” exhibition presented by the Photographic Lighting Techniques class.
* Words from the Bard himself.
Posted by Goddard Library at 1:46 PM
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Monday, February 29, 2016
Library hours for Spring Break 2016 (March 5 - March 13):
Saturday March 5
Sunday March 6
Monday - Friday (March 7-11)
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday March 12
Sunday March 13 (Regular semester hours resume)
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Posted by Goddard Library at 10:50 AM